Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tozai "Snow Maiden"


A Junmai Nigori by Kizakura Brewery

Tozai, "Snow Maiden" sake served cold has a very vodka-like alcoholic scent. Its appearance is milky white with a thin film floating starches.
The first sip was dry, think and powdery. That might sound strange, but there was a definite powdery texture which may be why it seemed dry in a good way. It felt clean an consistent throughout and the alcohol seemed less pronounce the further down the bottle. By the second cup it was really growing on me. It seemed like a great accompaniment to red meat.

There was nothing mysterious or complex about this sake. It is nigori as it should be.

Paid $10 for 300ml

Appearance: 4/6
Smell: 2/6
Taste: 4/6
Texture: 4/6
Value: 4/6
Conclusion: Good standby especially with meat.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving a review of this sake! I quoted you over on my own blog. I'm glad I could include your thoughts because I couldn't stop thinking of this sake as spoiled milk, which definitely colored my review.

    ReplyDelete